[ RadSafe ] Counter, "Mammograms: A leading cause of breast cancer?"

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Tue Jun 26 14:16:15 CDT 2007

Thanks, John J,
  The simplest I've seen is Pollycove's empirical multipoynomial fit to 2mGy exposure data from Miller et al NEJM 1989 showing breast dose. X is Gy from fluoroscopy of tuberculosis patients. Y is breast cancer deaths (per 10 to 6th person years).

  Th graph shows 600 +- 15 at 0.05 Gy,
                         395 +- 30 at 0.018 Gy and
                         500 +- 50 at 0.028 Gy (approx)
  Hormesis?
  These advertisers only give, don't take, so I hope I can reach them can any of you?
  What is the mammogram dose?

  Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Dr. Long