AW: Public Opinion & Nuclear Project --Re: AW: [ RadSafe ]Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Wed Jun 27 05:36:54 CDT 2007

Bravo and congratulations. Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine
Linder Hoehe
51147 Koeln
GERMANY
Voice: +49 2203 601 3147 or 3150
FAX:   +49 2203 61970

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] Im Auftrag von Mercado, Don
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. Juni 2007 16:59
An: John Jacobus; Sandy Perle; stewart farber; radsafe at radlab.nl; Bjorn Cedervall
Betreff: RE: Public Opinion & Nuclear Project --Re: AW: [ RadSafe ]Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

John Jacobus wrote:

>Do you think that any opinions have been changed by
those who subscribe to RADSAFE?<

Actually, yes. Mine has. I've changed my opinions on several issues
after watching and reading the debates on RADSAFE. LNT for one.

>How often are the same subjects discussed on this list
and do not "filter" to the public?<

I filter my RADSAFE backed opinions to the public every day. I have a pro-nuclear power poster I made up on the back window of my truck. I have a file of well referenced Radsafe postings in there too that I can refer to or hand out if necessary when discussing it with someone in a Safeway parking lot. Comes in handy when I'm in Santa Cruz, San Francisco or Mendocino.

>So, what have you done with all this informaton you
learned?  Do you speak to the public or respond to news articles, or attend public meetings held by Mangano, etc.  When you do, report about what was accomplished.<

At least once a year I go to local high schools and do pro-radiation lectures and promote nuc power. The kids and teachers invariably tell me they had no idea nuc power had so many positive attributes and "alternate" power sources had so many drawbacks. Sadly, they gain their knowledge and opinions from reading the popular press.