Public Opinion & Nuclear Project --Re: AW: [ RadSafe ] Asbury Park Press on Mangano's press conference

Mercado, Don don.mercado at lmco.com
Wed Jun 27 12:10:12 CDT 2007

John Jacobus wrote:

>Don,
Glad to hear you are so active.

Just how often do you discuss nuclear power with
people in a Safeway parking lot?<

John,

In the 5 years I've had that poster on the back window of my truck I've
had dozens and dozens of discussions about it. Even more, almost every
day I see someone pull close up behind me in traffic so they can read
all that the poster says. I've had discussions while sitting in traffic,
in school parking lots, at Starbucks, in mall parking lots, my mechanic,
at camp grounds, at the gas pump, in front of my house, my dates, at
church, etc. etc. A few have been confrontational, but not many. All
pretty much are curious about the pro-nuke position bec all they hear
from the press is the anti point of view. So the RADSAFE influenced
point of view does get out to the public.

Don