[ RadSafe ] RE: Public Opinion & Nuclear Project

Mercado, Don don.mercado at lmco.com
Thu Jun 28 10:11:18 CDT 2007

John Jacobus wrote:

>Don,
I thought there was some prohibition about the use of
the radiation trifoil beyond the requirements.  At our
place, we prohibit researchers puting
"Caution--Radioactive Material" on their laptop
computers.<

If you have any references that cite that, please post them. I'd love to
read them. There are some prohibitions in the DOT regulations against
calling something radioactive when it is not, and in some foreign
countries there are additional restrictions, but as far as I can tell
there's no prohibition against using the trefoil, alone, in the US. I
would prohibit labeling anything "radioactive", like a laptop, unless
really was above expected levels. I've pulled "C-RM" signs off of tool
boxes, vehicles, etc. around the facility here. I'm not calling my SUV
radioactive, I'm just using the trefoil.

Is it "trefoil" or "trifoil"?

Don