[ RadSafe ] [DUStory] Hiroshima Newspaper Series Reappears

Thu Jun 28 11:47:09 CDT 2007

>From one of the articles in the series, quoting the wife of an American
tank gunner who had been in the Gulf War:

"Actually, whenever we had sex, I had a terrible burning sensation in my
vagina. It was like acid. Now we know that it was because his semen was
contaminated with heavy metal. But we knew nothing about that until we
happened to run into someone who was studying depleted uranium in 1994."

It then goes on to talk about how her health was destroyed by DU.

I have to admit that I have a great deal of difficulty believing that
her husband could have such high concentrations of heavy metal, or any
toxic material, in his body that detectable quantities could be
transferred to her via this pathway.  I acknowledge that there probably
haven't been many studies of this particular contamination pathway, but
still.

I also notice that while the article said that she had been tested by a
private lab that found DU in her urine, there was no mention of similar
results for her husband.  I find it hard to believe the author would
have left that out if it were available.

After reading a couple of the articles in this series, I have no
confidence that the author has any commitment to the truth.