AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] New Airport X-Rays Scan Bodies, Not Just Bags

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 16:00:22 CST 2007

Of course, there is no indication that this equipment
will prevent terrorist from blowing up aircraft.  They
read the news and are very adaptable.

--- Sandy Perle <sandyfl at cox.net> wrote:

> ALARA means what it says, as low as reasonably
> achievable. This does not mean zero dose. Evaluation
> of the task and supportt for or against the dose
> determines if the dose to be received is warranted.
> I suspect that a majority of travelers worldwide
> would accept this small dose for the peace and mind
> of knowing that the risk of a catastrophy has been
> reduced, even if the risk has not been entirely
> eliminated.
>
> Sandy Perle
>
> Sent via BlackBerry from Cingular Wireless

“We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient — that we are only 6 percent of the world’s population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.”
-- John F. Kennedy

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist