[ RadSafe ] unbelievable and unacceptable messages on RADSAFE

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sun Mar 4 15:26:37 CST 2007

March 4

         You are correct, Franz, in stating that "this list is an
international one".  I would like to hear something from Austria.  Why
don't you present a short discussion and assessment of the current state of
ALARA in Austria.  (I do not know how widespread ALARA is, and am assuming
it is used in Austria.)  You could tell us how Austrian regulators
interpret and apply ALARA.  You could explain what the nuclear industry
thinks of the regulators, and of ALARA, and how the industry copes with
both.  That would be a good place to start.  After that has been thrashed
out, we could move on to ALARA in other European countries, and in the
Scandanavian countries.

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com