[ RadSafe ] unbelievable and unacceptable messages on RADSAFE

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sun Mar 4 20:25:26 CST 2007

March 4

John:

         Thank you for posting these links.  I was looking for descriptions
of day-to-day activity on the ALARA front, such as how industry, hospitals,
and commercial users cope with regulators.  I am sure accounts of the
public perception of regulators, regulations, and rad users would also be
welcome to all.

Steven

At 03:56 PM 3/4/07 -0800, John R Johnson wrote:
>Steven
>
>The best place to find ALARA requirements in Canada is in G-129 Revision
>1, 2004. It can be found at
><http://www.nuclearsafety.gc.ca/pubs_catalogue/uploads/G129rev1_e.pdf>http://www.nuclearsafety.gc.ca/pubs_catalogue/uploads/G129rev1_e.pdf
>
>I looked in an old Worksafe BC requirement (from when they were called the
>WCB)  called Part 7 that I have on my computer but could not find a
>reference to ALARA. My information was taken
>from
><http://www2.worksafebc.com/Publications/OHSRegulation/GuidelinePart7.asp#SectionNumber:G7.20(1)1>http://www2.worksafebc.com/Publications/OHSRegulation/GuidelinePart7.asp#SectionNumber:G7.20(1)1
>

>Guidelines Part 7 - Division 3 - Radiation Exposure; downloaded on 03/02/06.
>
>I think that ALARA has been commonly considered in Canada, even when it
>was call ALAP, but did find that this was the case in the US when I worked
>there from 1988 to 1999.
>
>John
>
>John R Johnson
>CEO, IDIAS, Inc.