[ RadSafe ] RE: Terror in the US & world at large

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 11:48:53 CST 2007

Steve,
I don't think there was any "love affair" between FDR
and Stalin.  After WWI there was a powerful
isolationist movement in this country.  Our entry into
WWII was delayed by the "America First" movement, a
member of which was the American hero Charles
Lindbergh.
http://libraryautomation.com/nymas/americafirst.html

Also, there was fear of the rise Communism.  And who
better to fight the Communist that the Facists?

Even before the US entered the European front, we had
arrangements with Britain, e.g., Lend-Lease policy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lend-Lease

At the outset of our involvement, Stalin pushed for a
second front.  Instead the US and Britain push through
North Africa, into the Mediterranian.  Basically, the
Soviet Union breed the Nazis with their own soldiers
and citizens until we finally invaded Normandy.

--- Steven Dapra <sjd at swcp.com> wrote:

> March 4
>
>          Are we proud we exercised restraint and
> allowed tens of millions
> to be killed by Communism in the USSR and Red China?
>  No.  Instead
> Roosevelt fawned and simpered over Stalin and FDR
> shoved through diplomatic
> relations with "Uncle Joe."  Stalin's mass homicides
> and his show trials in
> the 1930s didn't interfere with FDR's love affair
> with Stalin, nor did they
> interfere with the same love affair of domestic
> left-wing extremists (who
> were so violently anti-fascist).
>
>          In order of death toll, Mao Tse-tung was
> worst, followed by
> Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, and (probably) Pol Pot.
>
>          Funny isn't it, how we continue to maintain
> diplomatic relations
> withour "ungrateful European friends."
>
> Steven Dapra
>

> At 06:58 PM 3/4/07 -0500, Syd H. Levine wrote:
> >Somebody needs to stick their nose into a few
> folks' business.  Are we
> >proud we exercised restraint and allowed millions
> to be murdered by the
> >Nazis before we decided to mind their business?
> What about Pol Pot; we
> >sat idly by while millions were murdered because
> after Vietnam, it
> >certainly was not politically expedient to get
> involved in that part of
> >the world.  Pol Pot appears to be second only to
> Hitler in the
> >extermination of innocents.  I suspect that
> someday, our involvement in
> >the middle east right now may be viewed in a
> different light, whatever our
> >ungrateful European friends may presently think.
> >
> >----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandy Perle"
> <sandyfl at cox.net>

“We must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient — that we are only 6 percent of the world’s population; that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94 percent of mankind; that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity; and therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.”
-- John F. Kennedy

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist