AW: Terror in the US & world at large (WAS: Re: [ RadSafe ] NewAirport X-...

LNMolino at aol.com LNMolino at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 16:30:04 CST 2007

Comments in-line:

LNM

In a message dated 3/5/2007 4:18:07 P.M. Central Standard Time,
franz.schoenhofer at chello.at writes:

Louis,

You might remember that especially in the 80's and early  90's hijacking was
a kind of everyday event. This did not only include  Muslims, but to a much
higher extent all from Russians to escape to the  West, Cubans forcing
deviation to Cuba, members of the German RAF to  liberate imprisoned members,
etc. etc. This terror has declined to zero as  far as I know.
For one simple reason as I see (this answer applies to US based high  jacking
only).

Prior to 9/11 if say a flight from Cuba was high jacked wanting to go to
Miami it was likely a Cuban seeking political asylum etc. No doubt the plane
would divert and the situation resolved with no real fanfare BUT then 19 Me too
4 planes (likely more in the offing) and intentionally slammed into buildings.
 no demands, no ransoms, nothing just murders in excess of 3500 including 343
 members of the FDNY and over 70 law enforcement officers from PAPD and NYPD.

Now as a "typical" red blooded American male here's my response to the Pre
9/11 high jacking if I am on the plane. I am made as it's cutting into my life,
 I understand this Cuban wanting off that island for a variety of reasons but
 he's taking MY time. On the day I fly for the first time in a post 9/11
world my attitude is really simple, if some SOB stands up with a weapon he's not
gonna have a good day at least I'll try to be like those in United flight 93.
No  way is ANYONE taking this plane while I'm on it is my motto.

Other  forms of terror have involved, but this seems to be a shortlived one -
do not  claim it to enhanced "security".

My personal opinion then and also  nowadays: If the mass media would not have
covered these events and  especially the politically motivated ones to such
an event no terrorists  would have any more used this potential blackmail.

Well on that I would tend to agree with you. Let's talk about Spain. They
bailed out of Iraq not long after their trains were bombed in Madrid yes? Since
they left has there been any other acts well as a matter of fact several. So
those terrorists got what they wanted then wanted some more. The US has a
ling  held policy to not negotiate with terrorists, the day we do is the day we
begin  to die.

Best  regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat  i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Wien/Vienna
AUSTRIA

Louis N.  Molino, Sr., CET
FF/NREMT-B/FSI/EMSI
Freelance  Consultant/Trainer/Author/Journalist/Fire Protection  Consultant
LNMolino at aol.com

979-412-0890 (Cell Phone)
979-690-7559  (IFW/TFW/FSS Office)
979-690-7562 (IFW/TFW/FSS Fax)

"A Texan with a  Jersey Attitude"

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss  events; Small minds
discuss people" Eleanor Roosevelt - US diplomat &  reformer (1884 - 1962)

The comments contained in this E-mail are the  opinions of the author and the
author alone. I in no way ever intend to speak  for any person or
organization that I am in any way whatsoever involved or  associated with unless I
specifically state that I am doing so. Further this  E-mail is intended only for its
stated recipient and may contain private and or  confidential materials
retransmission is strictly prohibited unless placed in  the public domain by the
original author.
http://www.aol.com.