AW: [ RadSafe ] End of an Era

Jeff Terry terryj at iit.edu
Mon Mar 5 17:00:40 CST 2007

I agree that this is one of the typical results of globalization,
hence the reason that I mentioned it.

U. S. companies have suffered from this for many years. Most of the
steel industry that I grew up with is now closed or owned by
multinational corporations. Of course, it is always easy to forget
that their are hardships faced in other areas.

My concern is the loss of knowledge, working at a university with
many older pieces of equipment. It was nice to be able to call up
Santa Fe and speak to someone who actually had seen one of these
devices before. I doubt that many of the Santa Fe'ers will up and
move to Germany.

People are always replaceable over the long term, it is only in the
short term that there loss is irreplaceable.

Jeff