[ RadSafe ] Exempt Quantities and Sources Below Regulatory Concern

Eric D edaxon at satx.rr.com
Thu Mar 8 20:06:52 CST 2007

Franz Schönhofer wrote

>> Though I speak and much better read at least a few languages of the
European Union (German, English, French, Swedish, Danish, Spanish, Italian)
this comparison of legislation would be worth a PhD-thesis!<<

I don't know about a PhD thesis, but I am going to compile a comparison of
the various regulations and make it available to RADSAFE.  I am curious to
compare the degree of autonomy given to local states, provinces (etc.)  with
respect to radiation regulations, the basis for the regulations, and how
low-level and natural sources are handled.

I am somewhat familiar with EU regulations (and will be more so after
reading the EU regs) but know relatively little about any other regulations.

If anyone wants to assist, please contact me separately.

Eric Daxon