[ RadSafe ] The Great Global Warming Swindle

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Sun Mar 18 20:28:43 CDT 2007

March 18

         I thank Dr. Raabe for sending the link to Walter Williams' web site.

         I sent Prof. Williams an e-mail asking for the primary source to
Lindzen's statements about global warming.  He wasn't certain of the
source, and sent me this link to Lindzen's portion of the MIT website:
<www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/Testimony/Senate2001.pdf>.

         Entering this portion of the URL
<www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/Testimony/> takes one to a directory of
Lindzen's global warming testimonies in 1991, 1996, 1997, and the 2001
testimony in the link above.  All of them are well worth reading, and the
'91 and '97 testimonies have references.

         Entering this portion of the URL
<www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen> takes one to a directory of Lindzen's
papers and other of his material.  Within this is a link to Lindzen's
review of "Laboratory Earth: The Planetary Gamble We Can't Afford to Lose"
by Stephen H. Schneider (1997).  It's also worth reading, and was published
in "Regulation," Spring 1998 (Cato Institute).  Lindzen takes a decidedly
dim view of Schneider's book.

Steven Dapra
sjd at swcp.com