[ RadSafe ] extremism

Maury Siskel maurysis at peoplepc.com
Wed Mar 21 02:33:54 CDT 2007

Hi Ruth,
I cannot agree that this List "...paints climate scientists as
environmental extremists" Many of us do so paint climate scientists who
insist that the science of AGW is closed, no longer open to debate, and
no longer amenable to contrary evidence and who laugh at our supposed
ignorance.

There was great enjoyment reading your post by Dr Emanuel to encourage
moderation until reaching the latter portion which included a gratuitous
cheap shot at Inhofe as being a scientific illiterate. Perhaps Inhofe
is, but it is only with greatest difficulty that most of us can debate
without someplace expressing feelings. Emanuel showed himself to be no
exception.

Most professional politicians are, in my opinion, not well informed
about science. I regard a few of them to be notable exceptions such as
Inhofe and Domenici. I'm well aware that others do not share my
impression of Inhofe.
These two politicians at least make some effort to listen and learn;
which is more than can be said for most members of the House and the
Senate. Look at Gore's movie product of his so-called study of the
issues. I feel that Dr. Emanuel fails an attempt to promote moderation.

If you would have the most serious, complete, and most scholarly
scientific work that I have encountered yet regarding anthropogenic
global warming, please see:

EIRScience
CO2: The Greatest Scientific Scandal of Our Time
by Zbigniew Jaworowski, M.D., Ph.D., D.Sc.

If you read this synthesis of available data. you will see that Dr.
Jaworowski did not lightly reach the title of this paper. It is an
extraordinarily thorough scientific document.

If you would have moderation, see the Jaworowski paper.
Best regards,
Maury&Dog (Maury Siskel, maurysis at peoplepc.com)