[ RadSafe ] extremism

Ruth Sponsler jk5554 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 08:24:10 CDT 2007

I have enough general education from college to know
about "evaluating sources,"

"EIR Review" in which this article is published is
associated with Lyndon LaRouche, who is on the fringe
of politics.

http://www.larouchepub.com/

I really like Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski's articles on
ionizing radiation and nuclear energy.

However, there is a much better outlet for these
articles than LaRouche Publications.

Dr. Zbigniew Jaworowski is not a climatologist.  I am
not either.

I tend to respect the opinions of climatologists like
Dr. Kerry Emanuel, whom I cited in another mail.

Let me make a note on another climatologist in the
news lately.  I believe that Dr. James Hansen has gone
to extremes on the Left in his testimony before
Congress.  I can't support James Hansen's ideas and
accusations.

There is a difference between believing that certain
climatologists like Hansen have strayed too far to the
left...and believing in sites like
http://www.larouchepub.com/ or
http://www.junkscience.com/

Going back to choosing sources - I believe it's very
important to note what legitimate, science-directed
agencies like NOAA and the European Space Agency are
finding in their research:

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/research/2007/feb/feb07.html

http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEM1DUQ08ZE_index_1.html#subhead1

As I've said before, it's important to be careful
about extremes.  The climate situation has certainly
brought out the extremes both on the Left and the
Right.

~Ruth Sponsler

=====