[ RadSafe ] extremism

Ruth Sponsler jk5554 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 12:42:49 CDT 2007

Dr. Jaworowski has 17 papers listed on a PubMed
search.  All of those papers concern measurement of
radiation, radiation protection, and related topics.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=pubmed

Only one paper is remotely relevant to climatology.
It concerns 226Ra in contemporary and fossil snow.

Given the pubs I found, I consider Dr. Jaworowski to
be an authority on topics concerning radiation,
Chernobyl etc., but I do not consider him an authority
on climate.

I am sort of wondering why Dr. Jaworowski decided to
write a controversial article on climate change after
writing some pretty decent papers in the area of his
expertise, radiation.

On the other side of the spectrum, Al Gore is showing
his weakness in the area, by supporting Amory Lovins'
silly ideas, rather than large-scale sources of
CO2-free energy.  Al Gore certainly isn't a
climatologist.

There are excellent critiques of Al Gore from fellow
bloggers at NEI Nuclear Notes:

http://neinuclearnotes.blogspot.com/search/label/Al%20Gore

Sincerely -

Ruth Sponsler