[ RadSafe ] Solar radiation, global warming and HP future employment

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Wed May 2 19:02:14 CDT 2007

Dear Franz,
  "What does global warming have to do with health physics?"

  Nuclear power expansion needs support from the (erroneous) belief
  that CO2 (not produced from nuclear power plants like carbon fueled ones)
  is causing future disaster from global warming.

  Nuclear is now "GREEN"!
  We need all the political support we can get!

  Howard Long

Franz Schönhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at> wrote:
  Reading a large number of recent messages to RADSAFE one could get the
impression that this is a list for climatologists. What has the solar
cycles, the solar hot spots etc to do with "radioactivity" - unless dealing
with the production of C-14, which is not mentioned in any single message?

Additionally I would like to remind that there is a fierce - and almost
always justified!!!! - outcry, when persons from outside the "radioactivity
circle" make comments about RADSAFE topics. Probably it is the case vice
versa?

On top of this reasoning I believe that a correlation between two facts does
not prove anything, as well as the fact of the advent of storks does not
prove to be the reason for an increase of births.........

Leave global warming to those dealing with it professionally. I would wish -
what an unrealistic wish - that those illiterate in radioactivity and
nuclear matters would leave those to (real) experts in this field!

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.