[ RadSafe ] Honeybee die off threatens food supply

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 3 09:32:00 CDT 2007

Hi all,

>From an article on honeybee die off testing and theories, an interesting paragraph:

Source:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/honeybee_die_off

"The top suspects are a parasite, an unknown virus, some kind of bacteria, pesticides, or a one-two combination of the top four, with one weakening the honeybee and the second killing it.

A quick experiment with some of the devastated hives makes pesticides seem less likely. In the recent experiment, Pettis and colleagues irradiated some hard-hit hives and reintroduced new bee colonies. More bees thrived in the irradiated hives than in the non-irradiated ones, pointing toward some kind of disease or parasite that was killed by radiation"

I wonder what kind of doses they gave to the irradiated hives in this experiment. Had to be sustantial to kill bacteria or parasites.

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Consulting Scientist
[203] 441-8433 [office]
email: radproject at sbcglobal.net