[ RadSafe ] Solar radiation, global warming and HP future employment

Dan W McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Fri May 4 19:54:42 CDT 2007

Hi Jerry & Franz:

This is not a "new" issue, although the recent events seem to have brought
it front and center due to politics and economics of CO2 emissions.  Around
1985, I traveled to NCAR (National Center for Atmospheric Research) in
Boulder to "gather" information about atmospheric CO2 / global warming
models / GCM (General Circulation Model) during a home leave from the IAEA.
At the time, the models were pretty indeterminate since the flux of CO2 into
oceans was not easily measured and a satellite was in the works to measure
flux. So, folks at the IAEA (at least) were quite aware of the potential for
global warming, CO2 emissions and the "clean/green" aspects of nuclear since
the mid 80s.

And, lieber Franz, I've found the recent posts about climate to be quite
interesting!

Regards! Mit freundlichem Glückauf!

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist

Houston and Albuquerque (and sometimes Leoben & Vienna)