[ RadSafe ] Savannah River Lab to Close After DOE Cuts Its Funding

Boby Mathew boby_mathew2 at yahoo.com
Thu May 31 13:51:06 CDT 2007

Stewart
  I do not know anyone there. I came across the article while going through the journal. Thouht it will be interesting.
  Boby

stewart farber <radproject at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  Hi Boby,
What a foolish decision by DOE to close a lab and capability offered by the
Savannah River Ecology Laboratory. For many years, as an environmental
scientist working in the nuclear power field, and running low-leve counting
labs, I followed publications derived from studies conducted there which
have added so much to our understanding of the behavior of radioactivity
released into the environment from nuclear activites.

Do you know anyone working currently at this lab? If it does shut down and
any instrumentation becomes surplus, I have an interest in possibly buying
some. So, I'm hoping to make some appropriate contacts.

Thanks for making the posting,

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Consulting Scientist
Farber Technical Services