[ RadSafe ] CT scans dangerous?

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 21:34:34 CDT 2007

Of coures I am referring to patients.  They are the
ones that will derive the most benefits for these
studies as they have medical problems.  The medical
staff does not derive any direct benefit from medical
exposures, except employment.

What do you mean that there are patients that there
are cases where patients are receiving exposures in
excess of what is required?  Are you referring to
medical events do to equipment or procedural errors?

Cancers are treated with doses that have demonstrated
a beneficial effect.  You can certainly over exposure
or underexposure a cancer patient.  Under ALARA, you
cannot underexpose a worker.

http://gr.acr.org/acr?action=viewNewsArticle&documentId=2c9e4f69159c076a

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com