[ RadSafe ] definition of Rad

stewart farber radproject at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 6 15:20:34 CDT 2007

If anyone should try to kill mice via radiation exposure, they might want to
be sure they're not feeding, or the mice aren't getting, food high in
Vitamin E.

Back in the 1970s, I recall seeing some abstracts of US government
translated research concerning a Soviet experiment with mice who were
administered high levels of Vitamin E before gamma irradiation. Those mice
with high Vit. E levels had an LD50(30) twice as high as the unirradiated
control group.  This is what was reported in some obscure research summary
report.

Any more recent work on this subject that folks know about?

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Consulting Scientist
Farber Medical Solutions, LLC
1285 Wood Ave.