[ RadSafe ] Radon Potential Alpha Energy Concentration

jginniver at aol.com jginniver at aol.com
Tue Oct 16 03:24:15 CDT 2007

In UK legislation there is a reference to a value of 6.24 x10e-7 j/m3 for radon daughter products.? While I can now calculate the energy deposited from various concentrations of Rn-222 daughters at different ratios (equilibrium values) I don't know the origin of the actual value quoted above.? I thought it might have derived from some ICRP recommendation or something in the EU Basic Safety Standard for Radiation protection but haven't been able to find anything.

Does anyone know why this value is significant for Radon daughters and how it was derived?

Thanks in advance.

Julian
Get a FREE AOL Email account with unlimited storage.  Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Find out more at http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.