[ RadSafe ] Permanent radioactive implants for treatment of breastcancer

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 1 14:09:42 CDT 2007

Of course, the real issue is does it provide improved
treatment of the patient.

--- "Geo>K0FF" <GEOelectronics at netscape.com> wrote:

> Pd-103 is a good choice, with a Gamma Ray of only
> ~20 keV, low penetrating
> and below the detection threshold of most DHS
> detectors.
> Only a 16.9 day half-life too.
>
> George Dowell

http://www.oncolink.org/resources/article.cfm?c=3&s=8&ss=23&id=12719&month=01&year=2006

"All of the old-timers knew that subprime mortgages were what we called neutron loans --  they killed the people and left the houses. . . .
"LOUIS S. BARNES, a partner at Boulder West, a mortgage banking firm.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com