[ RadSafe ] New cancer weapon: nuclear nanocapsules

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 20:52:18 CDT 2007

Jaro,
My impression is that BNCT is still experimental in
any country (two?)that is using it. I doubt if any
country is using it widely.  If it is found to be an
effective treatment, the developer could certianly
apply for FDA approval.

Currently, there are a number of research institutes
looking at alpha particles labeled to monoclonal
antibody.  The use of monocolonal antibodies have
shown promise are being used today.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_1_4X_Monoclonal_Antibody_Therapy_Passive_Immunotherapy.asp

Of note, Zevalin and Bexxar use radionuclides.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-08/ru-ncw082307.php

> Regards
> K.S.Parthasarathy

"If you guard your toothbrushes and diamonds with equal zeal, you'll probably lose fewer toothbrushes and more diamonds."
- Former national security advised McGeorge Bundy
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com