AW: [ RadSafe ] TLD Readings in Checked Luggage

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Thu Sep 6 07:02:39 CDT 2007

Linda:

Unless you remove your TLD chips after passing the (hand-) luggage check and read them out before take-off of your plane, the dose received during the flight (several micro-Sv) may well dwarf the dose from the check (approx. 1 - 2 micro-Sv).

Best regards, Rainer

Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center
Institute of Aerospace Medicine