[ RadSafe ] TLD Readings in Checked Luggage

Marvin Turkanis marvintur at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 17:15:37 CDT 2007

Linda Sewell
We compared the doses reported on personnel TLDs with "control"l TLD's that
were only in checked luggage and on-the-job pocket dosimeter readings for a
year. Most exposures "due to x-rayed" luggage were in the 35 to 60 mr per
flight, but several were in the 125 to 140 mr range.

Marvin M. Turkanis

Special Assistant to the President for Division III

e-mail: marvintur at comcast.net