[ RadSafe ] Medical examinations

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 09:36:52 CDT 2007

Yehoshua,

This is not the practice here in the USA from those X-ray techs I know. Some
facilities may have an annual medical check, but they do it for all
employees and not simply because they work in Radiology. If the medical exam
is due to their occupational work, then it is ludicrous to require. If it's
a policy of the facility for preventative medicine, in o0rder to determine
other illnesses that can be treated, then it might be considered practical.

However, medical exams for X-Ray techs only is not generally a requirement
here.

Sander C. Perle
President
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at cox.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/