[ RadSafe ] Medical examinations

בריקנר דב brickner at smile.net.il
Tue Sep 11 12:32:51 CDT 2007

The regulations are for radiation workers and x ray technicians are
included. The reason beyind the annual check up is to provide the radiation
exposed workers an oppurtunitiy to get medical evaluation in medical
conditions like neutropenia, thrombocytopenia , skin cancer and so on. These
conditions are not necessarily caused by radiation exposure (in regular
occupational exposures) and they do not automatically contraindicate further
exposure, but they need an evaluation and professional consideration should
the employee continue to be exposed.
Chest x ray is mandatory only for radiation workers exposed to radioactive
gases or radioactive powders, on the first examination only.
Annual medical examination is also required for chemical workers covererd by
special regulations. These include workers exposed to hg, Pb (esemiaual

Dov Brickner        MD
Beer Sheva    ISRAEL