[ RadSafe ] radsafe request for slim gammaray tool

Han J. Limburg han at medusa-online.com
Tue Sep 11 23:08:47 CDT 2007

Dear Dr Toole,

With this I would like to respond to your call concerning the need for an underwater spectral gamma tool. We (Medusa Explorations BV from Holland) could provide you with a system that does meet the size constraints you listed in your note on radsafe. We could provide an underwater gammaray system consisting of a 38 mm diameter BGO crystal mounted inside a 50mm outer diameter housing, including a "borehole type" multichannel acquisition system. This system would allow you actually to work with cable lengths well over 60 m (depending on the configuration, even well over 1km length). As a company, we have been using systems like the proposed system in underwater surveys intensively over the last decade, both seaborne as well in sweetwater.

If you are interested, we would be happy to provide you with detailed information.

Yours sincerely,

Han Limburg
Medusa Explorations BV