[ RadSafe ] Subsea detector required

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Tue Sep 11 14:53:20 CDT 2007

Joe:
I have absolutely no experience with this equipment, but found it in a
search for a cable-deployed sensor to look for sources lost in drains
(don't ask me! it was a "theoretical situation"!).
But it looks like it might do for you:
http://www.xrfcorp.com/products/xp-4.html

Regards (and good luck!)
Doug

At 09:26 AM 9/11/2007, Marcel Schouwenburg wrote:
>Posted on behalf of Dr Joe Toole (e-mail: joe.toole at ukaea.org.uk )
>Dear members
>
>UKAEA are planning to undertake some investigative work offshore of
>Dounreay in Oct/Nov 2007. Part of this work would need a radiation
>detector with spectral capability (NaI, CdZn, BGO..) which is protected
>for
>work in seawater up to 60 metres depth. It would also need to fit down
>an
>unlined borehole about 75mm wide, and preferably attached to a 1-inch
>wide
>camera, so the narrower the detector the better.
>Our regular suppliers have been unable to provide the kit, either
>because
>their detector/housing is too large, or they cannot provide long enough
>signal cable (we need approx 100 metre cable to ship).
>Can anyone recommend a supplier of detector and associated MCA, either
>purchase or to borrow for a couple of months?
>
>kind regards
>
>Joe Toole
>
>Dr Joe Toole
>Environmental Projects Department
>D2003
>UKAEA Dounreay
>Caithness
>KW14 7TZ
>phone 01847 806092
>fax 01847 806901

Doug Aitken                     Cell Phone    713 562-8585
QHSE Advisor
D&M Operations Support
Schlumberger Technology Corporation