[ RadSafe ] Shielding of a CT Room Ceiling

Vernig, Peter G. Peter.Vernig at va.gov
Tue Sep 18 12:48:57 CDT 2007

Group,

Does anybody have any cost data on shielding the ceiling of a CT unit?
I am interested in a typical hospital style drop ceiling with ducting
and ventilation etc. between the drop ceiling and the actual load
bearing ceiling/roof to the next floor.  I am also interested in new
construction  but if you have renovation costs I'll take what I can get.

We are in the initial planning stages for a new facility and it is very
likely that we will need to shield the roof over the CT units unless I
can get them to put the CTs on the top floor.  That's what I'm shooting
for but actual cost information would support my case better than
estimates.

Thanks.

Any opinions in this e-mail are solely those of the author, and are not
represented as those of the VA Eastern Colorado HCS, the Dept. of
Veterans Affairs, or the US Government.

Peter G. Vernig, Radiation Safety Officer, MS-115, VA Eastern Colorado
Health Care System, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO 80220,
peter.vernig at va.gov, Phone= 303.399.8020 x2447; Fax = 303.393.5026,
alternate fax, 303.393.5248

"...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is
admirable, if anything is found to be excellent or praiseworthy, let
your mind dwell on these things."

Paul of Tarsus