[ RadSafe ] Shielding of a CT Room Ceiling

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 16:45:40 CDT 2007

Why don't you shield the flood of the room above
rather the ceiling of the CT room?

--- "Vernig, Peter G." <Peter.Vernig at va.gov> wrote:

> Group,
>
> Does anybody have any cost data on shielding the
> ceiling of a CT unit?
> I am interested in a typical hospital style drop
> ceiling with ducting
> and ventilation etc. between the drop ceiling and
> the actual load
> bearing ceiling/roof to the next floor.  I am also
> interested in new
> construction  but if you have renovation costs I'll
> take what I can get.
>
> We are in the initial planning stages for a new
> facility and it is very
> likely that we will need to shield the roof over the
> CT units unless I
> can get them to put the CTs on the top floor.
> That's what I'm shooting
> for but actual cost information would support my
> case better than
> estimates.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Any opinions in this e-mail are solely those of the
> author, and are not
> represented as those of the VA Eastern Colorado HCS,
> the Dept. of
> Veterans Affairs, or the US Government.
>
> Peter G. Vernig, Radiation Safety Officer, MS-115,
> VA Eastern Colorado
> Health Care System, 1055 Clermont St. Denver, CO
> 80220,
> peter.vernig at va.gov, Phone= 303.399.8020 x2447; Fax
> = 303.393.5026,
> alternate fax, 303.393.5248
>
> "...whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is
> lovely, whatever is
> admirable, if anything is found to be excellent or
> praiseworthy, let
> your mind dwell on these things."
>
> Paul of Tarsus

"If you guard your toothbrushes and diamonds with equal zeal, you'll probably lose fewer toothbrushes and more diamonds."
- Former national security advised McGeorge Bundy
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com