[ RadSafe ] WFU professor designs atomic emission detector forDepartment of Homeland Security

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 12:22:13 CDT 2007

Mike,
Apparently you missed the importance of this work.
"The three-year project is FUNDED by . . . "

--- "Brennan, Mike  (DOH)" <Mike.Brennan at DOH.WA.GOV>
wrote:

> Do you think we should tell them about hand held
> gamma spec instruments?
> Or the other meters we've been using for the last
> few decades?
>
> As for contamination after a dirty bomb attack; If I
> can't detect it
> with a micro R, I have a hard time getting excited.

"If you guard your toothbrushes and diamonds with equal zeal, you'll probably lose fewer toothbrushes and more diamonds."
- Former national security advised McGeorge Bundy
-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com