WG: [ RadSafe ] WFU professor designs atomic emission detectorforDepartment of Homeland Security

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Sep 24 16:01:10 CDT 2007

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD
MinRat i.R.
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Wien/Vienna
AUSTRIA

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Franz Schönhofer [mailto:franz.schoenhofer at chello.at]
Gesendet: Montag, 24. September 2007 22:54
An: 'Brennan, Mike (DOH)'; 'radsafe at radlab.nl'
Betreff: AW: [ RadSafe ] WFU professor designs atomic emission
detectorforDepartment of Homeland Security

Mike,

You have expressed exactly what I thought. I just wonder, how the money for
this "sensational development" is justified by the DHS. I miss the
scientific part of this breathtaking new, for instance what is the LLD in
Bq/l for I-131 in milk or air first of all and then for all the other
relevant nuclides from Cs-137 to Pu-239. Some recent comments on RADSAFE
about the spending of US tax payers money for "preparedness" seem to be
justified.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer, PhD