[ RadSafe ] Vested interests

Jerry Cohen jjcohen at prodigy.net
Sat Sep 29 11:00:02 CDT 2007

Unfortunately, the phenomenon of "problems" being identified and public
concern toward them  nurtured by "scientists" with a vested interest in
promoting such concern is not uncommon. The most notable examples would
include: global warming, nuclear waste disposal, and low-dose radiation
exposure. It is difficult to get funding for research on non-problems. It
might therefore be reasonable to assume that these concerns will persist
until the research money runs out.