[ RadSafe ] Re: The good news about nuclear destruction

Steven Dapra sjd at swcp.com
Wed Apr 2 21:10:58 CDT 2008

April 2

merely because they get paid a lot?  Aren't science (and society) already
materialistic enough?

         What should determine how much a worker is paid?  Perhaps those
Americans who are being replaced by foreign workers are asking for higher
wages than they are worth being paid.  We have an apprentice program where
I work.  A few years ago the then-supervisor of the program told me that
apprentices with a few months of classes and on the job training wanted to
make $35,000 a year or more --- the rate of pay for an experienced
journeyman.  It's called the "gimme" generation.  Or greedy, or
what-have-you.  My guess is that a lot of American workers *do* lack the
needed skills.

Steven Dapra