[ RadSafe ] Exploranium instruments

Perrero, Daren Daren.Perrero at illinois.gov
Tue Apr 8 15:58:32 CDT 2008

Gary,

Assuming you're referring to the dose and dose rate capabilities of this
device, I have never been able to come up with these procedures.  The
best I've managed is to verify the 'as found' condition of the
instrument.  I've been lucky often enough that most of the time the
units are within acceptable tolerance.  Any unacceptable variation has
resulted in the unit being returned to the manufacturer for 'tweaking'
and adjustment.

As for calibration for gamma energies, the operational check in its
cradle satisfies our expectations for reliably identifying radiological
unknowns.  Again any variance would suggest the need for new set of
batteries more often than a need for the manufacturer to adjust any
settings.

Daren Perrero
The opinions expressed are mine, all mine....
I'm with the government, I'm here to help you.
Daren.Perrero(a)Illinois.gov