[ RadSafe ] Exploranium instruments

Geo>K0FF GEOelectronics at netscape.com
Tue Apr 8 19:32:52 CDT 2008

There is no calibration procedure in the GR-135 manual.
That is a fantastic unit, I have the 2 sensor version and really like the
way it works.
It can also come in 3 or 4 detector versions, when fully loaded it has a GM
tube, NaI(Tl) and CZT as well as a neutron detector.

Setting up a normal scintillator or SCA is pretty straightforward and we do
that here all the time. Personally I would not
consider any calibration facility except at the factory for the IDENTIFIER
GR-135.
I've talked at length with the factory and came away with the impression
that they are not releasing the parameters
by which the isotope identification is made, but it is complex. This alone
would indicate back-to-the-factory for calibration in my eyes.

For almost all other meters, I would recommend Ludlum's calibration
facility, regardless of the meter brand.

George Dowell
NLNL
New London Nucleonics Lab

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garry Roseman" <garry.roseman at mjwts.com>
To: <radsafe at radlab.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2008 2:52 PM
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Exploranium instruments

Anyone have a lead on where we might obtain calibration procedures for
Exploranium GR135 and Exploranium GR526? thanks

Senior Calibration Technician             Garry Roseman

243 Root Street                                voice 716-372-5300

Suite 100                                         fax    716-372-5307

Olean, NY 14760                          toll free 866-300-3659

                                                          www.mjwts.com