[ RadSafe ] Paris or Bust!

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Wed Apr 30 10:09:09 CDT 2008

Haven't lived there since the late '80s. But two pieces of advice:
1) be prepared for "sticker shock" and (if you are being contracted), demand
a heafty Euro living allowance. La Defense is a mixed "new town" and
commercial/office area with (sterile) high rise residential complexes,
Corbevoie is also a mixed suburban area, not particularly attractive. St
Cloud is very up-market and expensive!
2) Try and speak French! The Parisians are particularly snotty to people who
do not make an effort!

Good Luck
Doug