[ RadSafe ] Re: uranium solubility and acute and chronic exposures on the Russia-Georgia border

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Wed Aug 13 13:33:26 CDT 2008

Ha! As a young(er) man, I spent 8 years in Brazil. And a good amount of it
getting "cooked" on the beaches..... (from above and below)....

Haven't seen any deleterious (or other) effects, other than a real
appreciation for Brazilian people, culture and cuisine!

And the large number of people who travel to Guarapari and deliberately bury
themselves in the sand, precisely for the hormetic effect (whether real or
psychosomatic: I ain't about to enter into this discussion! Although I do
have nice photos of them in the training materials I have prepared that
discuss radiation) would seem to indicate a net benefit!
;~)
Doug