[ RadSafe ] FW: Minimal Threat X-ray

Marcel Schouwenburg M.Schouwenburg at tudelft.nl
Thu Aug 21 05:47:49 CDT 2008

Forwarded message (on behalf of Justin Harris).

(Reason for forwarding: message was filtered out by the server because
it contained an image as background. Images are not accepted because of
security policy.)

I am curious if anyone here knows the rules for the State of California
regarding minimal threat X-ray machines.  I know here in Texas that
operators of these devices are exempt from the personnel monitoring
requirements.  Does the CA regulations state this or do you have to use
the exemption of 10% of 5,000 mR/yr. to satisfy this requirement?  If
anyone knows, could you steer me in the right direction as far as a
reference.  Thanks in advance.

Justin Harris

Radiation Safety Consultant

Suntrac Services, Inc.