[ RadSafe ] Advection / Diffusion of Radon through Media

Peter Bossew peter.bossew at jrc.it
Fri Aug 22 02:24:23 CDT 2008

Some lit.:

Characteristics of soil radon transport in different geological formations
N. M. Ershaidat,  B. A. Al-Bataina, S. A. Al-Shereideh
Environ Geol (2008) 55:29–35
DOI 10.1007/s00254-007-0961-x

Simulation of Radon Transport through Building Materials: Influence of
the Water Content on Radon Exhalation Rate
F. FOURNIER, J. E. GROETZ; F. JACOB, J. M. CROLET and H. LETTNER
Transp Porous Med (2005) 59:197–214
DOI 10.1007/s11242-004-1489-0

Iakovleva V. S., Ryzhakova N. K. (2003):
A method for estimating the convective radon transport velocity in soils
Rad. Meas. 36, 389-391

Iskandar D., Oida T., Nakashima S. (xxx): Determination of 222Rn
Diffusion Coefficient in Japanese Soils.
Irpa 10, P-1b-48

Speelman W . J. (2004): Modelling and measurement of Radon diffusion
through soil for application on mine tailings dams.
Thesis, University of the Western Cape. (I have it as pdf, if you want
it. ca. 3 MB)

Thang N. X., Dunf L T., Vuong L. V. (1995):
Radon transport equation in earth's crust.
Rad. Meas. 25 (1-4), 661-3

Holkko J., Liukonnen S. (1992):
Radon diffusion in Finnish glacial till soil
Rad Prot Dos 45 (1-4), 231-3

regards,

--

Peter Bossew

European Commission (EC)
Joint Research Centre (JRC)

TP 441, Via Fermi 1
21020 Ispra (VA)
ITALY

Tel. +39 0332 78 9109
Fax. +39 0332 78 5466
Email: peter.bossew at jrc.it

http://rem.jrc.ec.europa.eu/

"The views expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the European
Commission."