[ RadSafe ] Scintillation Counting Question

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Tue Aug 26 19:41:38 CDT 2008

Just a thought...
Perhaps it is a physical phenomenon.
Since the tritium compound is moderately soluble, perhaps it initially
forms
small (microscopic) globules in the aqueous solution that eventually
"dissolve"
in the cocktail -- the globules might not be large enough to see, but
large enough
to keep the tritium beta from interacting with the cocktail.

Cary