[ RadSafe ] Program Handouts

John Jones john.p.jones at usu.edu
Thu Dec 11 17:13:02 CST 2008

Joel,

We're preparing a major revision to our training program, so I've been collecting things offered through RadSafe and AMRSO, as well as my wanderings across the Web.  Here are links to some.

Cute little 1911 article.
http://earlyradiohistory.us/1911why.htm
May be useful in questioning the cell phone radiation controversy.

Recent news of a compact nuclear power supply.
http://www.hyperionpowergeneration.com/

Conversation starter.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081017092234.htm

A little bigger handout for researchers.
http://las.perkinelmer.com/Content/Manuals/GDE_SafeHandlingRadioactiveMaterials.pdf

Educational resource page.
http://www.lbl.gov/abc/

Australian Uranium Assoc. Education Publications
http://www.aua.org.au/page.php?category=11&section=0

I especially like the Australian handouts for their colors and cartoons.  (Color printers are nice tools.)

The national labs and ORAU have interesting items.
HPS of course, if you have access.
And shouldn't forget NRC and state agency papers.
Various universities, especially those offering HP degrees.
Hormesis is a good search topic as well.
With a little Googling, I remember finding some K-12 school sites.
Searching through RadSafe postings may provide some useful references.

Hope this helps.

John
John P. Jones
Radiation Safety