[ RadSafe ] Radon problems at the PCMs

Kenneth.Walter at aps.com Kenneth.Walter at aps.com
Thu Dec 11 15:17:53 CST 2008

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good product for monitoring
personnel leaving the RCA without getting a lot of Radon interference
alarms?  We have been having trouble here especially in the fall through
spring where many of our alarms can most likely be attributed to Radon.
Any suggestions including how things could be set up would be
appreciated.  We currently use PCM2s and PM7s at the RCA egress.
Thanks
Ken Walter, M.S.
Radiological Engineering
Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
Tel: 623-393-5482, Fax:  623-393-6640
kenneth.walter at aps.com

Email Firewall made the following annotations

--- NOTICE ---

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information.  If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original and any copy or printout.  Unintended recipients are prohibited from making any other use of this e-mail.  Although we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this e-mail, we accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of this e-mail or attachments, or for any delay or errors or omissions in the contents which result from e-mail transmission.