[ RadSafe ] Intrinsically safe survey meter

Carl Speer cspeer at secradcon.com
Mon Dec 22 06:43:07 CST 2008

I have a need for an intrinsically safe (explosion proof) alpha survey
meter. Ideally I need a dual alpha/beta survey instrument. I have found
where Ludlum now makes the Model 3-IS with a 44-9 alpha/beta/gamma probe but
with my application I need to distinguish between alpha and beta
contamination.

Does anybody here have any first hand experience with an intrinsically safe
survey meter? Does anyone have suggestions for a vendor or model? Also, any
specific operation considerations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl Speer

Safety and Ecology Group

Oak Ridge, TN