[ RadSafe ] Intrinsically safe survey meter

Doug Aitken jdaitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Dec 22 09:07:20 CST 2008

Carl: Tracerco also make an intrinsically safe contamination meter (T201)
but I'm not sure it will help you. According to the blurb it does have some
ability to discriminate between nuclides (spectral binning?), but I am not
sure that it will discriminate between alpha and beta
http://www.tracerco.com/products-radiation-monitors.htm

Contact Adam Golightly for full info.

Note: Schlumberger use their T202 and mud monitoring detectors from Tracerco
and have found them to be reliable. But we do not have any T201, so cannot
comment on its performance.
Regards
Doug
Doug Aitken     Cell phone: 713-562-8585
QHSE Advisor
D&M Operations Support
Schlumberger Technology Corporation
300 Schlumberger Drive
Sugar Land TX 77030

Home office: 713-797-0919  Home Fax: 713-797-1757