[ RadSafe ] Re: Benefit in Formula for effect of radiation - new

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 14:07:46 CST 2008

Interesting the Dr. Scott was not asked to participate an the NCRP meeting. http://www.ncrponline.org/Annual_Mtgs/2008_Electronic_Program.pdf  But I guess it you really wanted to know the current research results, I would suggest you attend the NCRP meeint.  It is a shame others are not comforted by the Taiwanese study that the orginal authors admit is incomplete.

  That being said, it you or others wish to continue this contact, please do so off line.

  I would note that Dr. Cameron died several years ago.  I assume that you knew that.

howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:
          New: Bobby Scott's presentation last summer at the Oakland DDP meeting
  really shook up my plans for preventing radiation injury after overexposure
  (perhaps use of the nuclear bomb sought by alQaeda and islamo-fascists).

  I had expected to use ALARA with my NukAlert,
  to minimize exposure (over ~10rem).
  The fact that mice overexposed were MORE likely to survive with added exposure,
  removes my confidence I would be doing good, except at clear extremes.

  I am comforted by the Taiwan lessening of deformities with extra 0.4 Sv
  over 10 years, since 50 years ago I did pelvimetry in my office.
  The 50 thoriated welding rods I sit on ~3hours/day I measure at about
  0.2 mR/hr extra exposure. Its an easy way to get about what I would
  if I lived in Denver instead of the SF Bay area.
  I like the better statistics for cancer, longevity, etc.

  Howard Long