[ RadSafe ] Radiation&Safety learning modules customised for Radiotherapy department

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 10:08:18 CST 2008

Svetlana,
  You may want to go to a specific list-server.  I would think that you should try the following
  The Global Medical Physics Mailing List (MedPhys)  This is the main forum for the internanational medical physics community. It is a global English-language electronic mailing list with >2700 subscribers in over 70 countries. You subscribe to Global MedPhys via the website or by sending email with the text:

  subscribe medphys firstname lastname
  without punctuation, degrees, certifications, military rank, etc. to listserv at lists.wayne.edu

  For example send
  subscribe medphys John Doe to the LISTSERV address from the email address where you wish to receive the email.

  The subject field is unimportant, only the text of the message is read by the Listserv software.

  -----------------------
  You may wish to try other internet Web sites directly, like the IAEA

  http://rpop.iaea.org/RPoP/RPoP/Content/InformationFor/HealthProfessionals/2_Radiotherapy/index.htm

  http://rpop.iaea.org/RPoP/RPoP/Content/InformationFor/HealthProfessionals/3_NuclearMedicine/TNM_AccIncidents.htm

  Good luck in your endeavors.

"Sjostedt, Svetlana (CNAHS-RAH)" <Svetlana.Sjostedt at health.sa.gov.au> wrote:
  Dear all,

I'm medical physicist student from Royal Adelaide Hospital (Australia).
At our radio oncology department we are creating e-learning course
related to radiation and safety issues in Radiotherapy for medical
personal such as doctors, nurses and radiotherapists. And I'm looking
for theoretical materials such as completed modules, designed to address
medical radiation safety issues in the Radiotherapy field. I think it is
possible to create it assuming significant amount of information
available in this field and especially if it (preferably) needs to be
tailored for radiation oncology only. But I thought it might be existent
modules already available and running in some medical institutions.

Did anyone come across with such information? Or can you point me in the
right direction?

King regards.

Svetlana Sjostedt.

"If history teaches any lesson it is that no nation has an inherent right to greatness.  Greatness has to be earned and continually re-earned."
- Norman Augustine, Chairman of the National Academies Committee

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com